Spend a weekend learning how to make clay animals using a contemporary technique that is loose, expressive and breaks all the rules. The course is great for beginners and experienced artists alike. And the best part is that you can make pretty much whatever animals you like too.
WEEKENDS ALSO HAPPENING ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:
– 5th/6th April 2017 (SOLD OUT)
– 8th/9th April 2017 (SOLD OUT)
– 29th/30 August 2017 (almost SOLD OUT)
– 31st August/1st September 2017
– 11th/12th November 2017
– 9th/10th December 2017
Email James to go on the waiting list though if you like!
The course is taught by artist, James Ort. He specializes in a form of contemporary clay modelling which pushes clay to its limits – it’s a fast, easy to learn technique which brings life, energy and grace to the creations. Over the two days James (and side kick, Alison) will demonstrate the principles of the technique to you through a series of short demonstrations. The rest of the weekend will be spent making your own pieces with guidance and support every step of the way. Once completed, your masterpieces will be dried out and then fired in our kilns. You will then need to return for a later glazing session to bring colour and life to your pieces.
This course is for you if:
• You want to explore your creativity but lack the confidence to do so on your own
• You want to get away from it all and immerse yourself in a fun, creative environment
• You want to experiment in clay but aren’t interested in pottery
• You love animals
What’s included in the price?
• Two full days teaching (10am-4pm-ish)
• A return glazing day
• A printed course handout outlining the technique’s main principles
• Clay, firings and glazes
• Tea, coffee, biscuits/cakes
• Use of a beautiful, purpose built art studio with all the equipment & materials you will need
• Beautiful countryside setting